Sunday, July 5, 2015

TUSLUB BUWA



"I'm not a GLUTTON - I'm an EXPLORER OF FOOD."

- Erma Bombeck


Filipinos are well-known for its creative mind in making simple things extraordinary. Aside from that Filipinos like to eat - scratch that; love to eat I mean. To combine this two qualities we create delicious and out-of-this-world food recipes. One that kept me hanging for months to try is this TUSLOB BUWA. 


TUSLOB BUWA came from two Bisaya words "tuslob" meaning "to dip" and "buwa" meaning "to bubble up/boiling".Thus, it is how you also eat it. You dip your "puso" (hanging rice) into a boiling mixture of pork's brain and liver in sauteed garlic and onion then add some soysauce to taste.

Tuslob Buwa's main ingredients                     


To try this exotic food they called Tuslob Buwa, my colleagues and I went to Azul (a famous Tuslob Buwa restaurant) near Asilo, Gorordo in Lahug. We went there around 12:30 midnight. It's usually open from 10:00 am to 7:00 am. This is really a convenient hang out place to those who work the night shift like me. 


One set of Tuslob Buwa @120

Since we're a bit many at that time, we ordered 4 set of the Tuslob Buwa, 10 pieces of siomai (8php per piece), 1 order of chicken lumpia (65php per order) and some drinks. It is my first time eating this food so I didn't want to expect too much but it turned out good plus the fun in cooking it adds vibes of uniqueness to the dish. 


Everything was good. My only concern is the staff of the restaurant. They didn't entertain us quite well. Most of our food was given so late and we need to remind them to deliver it from time to time. Nevertheless, other than the not so good service we manage to keep to ambiance cool. Again this is another experience to add in my food trip escapade.

P.S.

Great experiences comes with great courage. Never be afraid in trying something out of usual. Sometimes gambling to try these experiences is worth risking for. 





No comments:

Post a Comment