Tuesday, July 28, 2015

THE ONE: The Selection Series Book Three


"This isn't happily ever after. It's so much more than that."


- THE ONE







The One is the 3rd book of The Selection Series. It was published last May 6, 2014. At the beginning of the book The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. It comes down to four in The Elite and now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen - THE ONE

The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illea, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen - and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice. She never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown - or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose - and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants. 


The One  is my favorite book of the Selection Series. Well, you can't blame me for feeling like a little girl who believes in happy ever after. Here, America will finally have her happy ever after with Prince Maxon. This book thought me how you have to sacrifice for the one you love and let them go to make them fully happy even if in the process of doing so you might get hurt and left heartbroken. The One is proves that happy ever after do exist and not just a mere fairytale that our grandmas told us. 

If you dont believe in happy endings this might sound cliche but love can really beat all odds. It may be a long, hard, rocky process with ups and down of a roller coaster but in the end, while facing your other half; you can really say it's all worth it. I may not find my other half now but I do believe that I have my own fairytale to share when the moment is right. And as I wait I'll have America and Prince Maxon's love story to moon about. 

These are my favorite lines in The One:


"Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway." - Prince Maxon



"This isn't happily ever after. It's so much more than that." - America Singer



"The best people all have some kind of scar." - America Singer



"When I'm with hime I feel like I'm America. I'm not a caste or a project. He's just him, and I'm just me." - America Singer


But as I approach the end of the book, I find myself wanting more. I have question that keeps on popping in my mind. How will America rule the kingdom of Illea? How would she act as queen to her people? What will happen to the caste system? How do America and  Prince Maxon's own family would look like? These questions will be answer on The Heir - the fourth book of the Selection Series. Check out the fourth book of the Selection Series. Happy reading.


Synopsis credits to: The Selection Wiki / theselection.wikia.com







No comments:

Post a Comment