Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Sacred Place of Simala



"When Life is Rough, PRAY. When Life is Great, PRAY."

It was in the middle of a hot August that I went to the sacred place of Simala. My colleagues and I went there to pray for the success of our Licensure Examination for Teachers. This is my first time going there. I've heard many things about Simala so I want to experience it first hand.


Simala Shrine in Sibonga Cebu


Going to Simala is easy if you just hired a van or an owner car. At that time, we hired an owner car to lessen the hassle and since it's our first time we really don't know the route in going there. The famous Simala Church is found in Marian Hills, Lindogon Sibonga, Cebu a 2 hours travel from Cebu City. When we arrived there I was so amazed with the number of people present there. You can really see how devoted are they and how strong their faith is. Even if its so hot people still want to pursue their interest in going to the top of the church which is really a long line. 


The long queue going to the top of the church.

When I reached the top, it was heaven. I've never seen such a wonderful church with an amazing view. The long line, the hot weather, and all of the waiting was worth it. On top held many things that left me in daze. There are relics of the Virgen Mary, testimonies of different miracles experienced by many people, petition hall, prayer station and a line that leads to the statue of the Virgen Mary where we will be given the chance to kiss her altar and pray. The site of all the other devotees was so overwhelming. They all held the same faith as I, the same motivation to surpass whatever problems and give thanks to all the miracles and blessings that they experience.




 
          
Testimonies of Granted Prayers     
  
  
     The Virgen Mary's Sacred Dresses


Candle Lighting 

After all the prayers had been said, I promise to come back whether I pass my Board Exam or not. Being in this sacred place gives me enlightenment and peace of mind. I realize that us Filipinos are bind with a strong faith that whatever storm may pass there will be answered prayers and miracle that are sure to happen. 

              

  My first visit   

 
                     
Second Visit



Third Visit

Coming here is never a boring trip. Every time I came to visit it just add excitement and memories to treasure and to cherish. I'm looking forward to my next trip here.


No comments:

Post a Comment