Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pangan-an Island



"Travelling feels good. Doing good feels better. Doing both feels great."


Ever since I was young I am already into charity work. I was fascinated by this activity when I was in high school and I was able to pursue it when I reach college since my scholarship is into charity works. At that time I really felt amazing helping people that are in need. It gives a warm feeling that's difficult to explain when you I see people smile and thinking you're one of reasons behind those smiles make it better. When I graduated college I thought I would never have the opportunity to help and serve again but luck is on my side when I met Miki-san and Tamo-san in my current work place. They are the one who established a charity tour in Pangan-an Island. It's an island-barangay that belongs to Lapu-Lapu City. It is situated east of Mactan and right next to Olango. To go there is quite a long journey. From I.T Park, Lahug to Marigondon, we rent a van which would take 45 minutes to 1 hour travel depending on the traffic. As we reach the shore of Marigondon a boat was waiting for us that will send us Pangan-an Island. Travelling by boat would take another 45 minutes or so.

   







ON BOARD!!!


When we arrived, we were welcomed by the warm smiles of little children and their families. Having a population of about 2, 592 residents, Pangan-an Island sure has a lot of little angels running around. Kids were anticipating for whatever we in store for them. We then played games, feed them food and gave them some freebies.


A student giving out candies (He's SWEET!!!)
Talking to them brought smiles to us :)





Fishing is the main source of the people in Pangan-an. They are also into tourism and craft making made from shells and other materials mainly found in the sea. Maybe your thinking if they have electricity in the island. Well, the answer is a big YES. They get their source of electricity from the solar panel built made for the people here.


Solar Panels (It's so hot that time. I think these panels were able to collect a lot of solar energy.)

This woman is making house decorations with shells you called "sigay"


We really had a good time in Pangan-an Island. I've been coming around the island for about four times already. And each time I go there, I always have a memorable experience worth keeping. The island seems to have power in me that soothed my mind. The people were very kind, the environment was so inviting and the food - OH!! THE FOOD!! It was heaven! No one can beat a food freshly caught from the sea.



SEA FOOOOOOODS!!! (mouth watering lunch)




PICTURE-PICTURE (Snap, Click, Snap)

Well, I think Pyche A.K.A Rose is happy being in a small boat rather the gigantic Titanic.

She seems to love the tree <3

The COCONUT RANGERS of Pangan-an. HEHEHEHE

This island would really have a soft spot in my heart. I would never forget my escapades here. The waves of the sea, the chattering noise of parents, the wailing screams of children from playing and the silent wind blowing my hair would be carved in my heart and memories. Until next time Pangan-an Island. 










No comments:

Post a Comment