Tuesday, July 7, 2015

THE SELECTION



"True Love is usually the most inconvenient kind."

- The Selection 


Last March 26, 2012, Kiera Cass published her first book of The Selection Series. This book is a young-adult, romance novel. It reflects the new face of fairy tale. It is a story of a America Singer and the thirty-four other girls who was choosen to be part of "The Selection". It is a chance of lifetime opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth by a Caste System. The palace will be there world for which they will act like a princess and dress like one in glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the place and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America, being a Selected is a nightmare. It means turning back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for the crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she made for herself and realizes that the life she always dreamed of may not comapare to futures she never imagined.


I really like fairy tales, princess story with a prince charming in a night and shining armor is one of favorite books to read. After reading The Selection Book 1 I got hooked up with the book. It's like a drug that you want to have more you got so addicted with it. The setting and plot of the story give a fairy tale effect but with a twist with all the competition being made. I also like America's character. It depects how love is so powerful even in midst of a forbiddenand secretive relationship. Every page of the book revels unexpected happenings which deepens your eagerness to read more. As a whole the book can be read by everyone. Words used in the book is not so difficult to understand. With the busy schedule, it just took me 3 days to finished it. Not so bad right? 

These are my favorite lines from The Selection:

"I hope you find someone you can't live without. I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them." - America Singer

"Listen to me, kitten. Win or lose, you'll always be a princess to me." - Mr. Singer

"So far, I had a solid collection of my honest opinions. . ." - America Singer

"You deserved to be loved. And I hope you go get to marry for love and not for number." - Mr. Singer

"Im going to stay no matter what." - Prince Maxon Schreave


So to all those hopeless romantic reader out there I highly recommend this is book for you to read. It will surely drive you crazy and cheezy but in a good way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment