Sunday, November 15, 2015

MOOON CAFE


"As long as we're under the same MOON, I'll feel close to you."


Why MOOON Cafe and not MOON Cafe? The three O's represent the three original artist-owners of the restaurant.




Mexican cuisine is primarily a fusion of indigenous Mesoamerican cooking with European, especially Spanish. It is created mostly with ingredients native in Mexico such as tomatoes, squashes, avocados, cocoa and vanilla. - Wikipedia

Mooon Cafe is a mexican-inspired restaurant firstly opened in an unassuming neighborhood in Guadalupe, Cebu City. Last Saturday two of my girlfriends and I went there to explore the sumptuous meal Moon Cafe could offer.




We went to Ayala Mall to visit this restaurant, located on its Terraces. The ambiance was really nice. The view overlooking the garden below captivated me. It was so homey though its a bit crowded. So, we just settle down on its outside tables but I think that was the best spot for us for we didn't feel cramped. 

Since the three of us were a bit hungry, we ordered right a way. I was really impressed how there servers could easily remember our order without writing it on. (Two thumbs up for that)

Here were our orders:


  • LETTUCE SALAD

Iceberg lettuce topped with tomatoes and white onions and vinaigrette.

Verdict:
Now a days, I'm starting to like eating fresh salads especially with lettuce. There salad was good and fresh I like it but I'm not used to there vinaigrette so that was a bit off for me. 


  • CHICKEN MOZZARELLA MELT
Fried chicken fillet sprinkled with mozzarella cheese, sautted chopped tomatoes.


VERDICT:
I like cheese and chicken so this food is already a thumbs up for me. Though the sautted chopped tomatoes came as a suprise since it was on the bed of the bowl. Overall it was good.

  • SIZZLING CHICKEN
Crispy sizzling chicken topped with gravy sauce.

VERDICT:
I like this food. The chicken was tender and soft. I was serve on a hot plate and the size of the chicken was big. They also have a extra saucer of gravy which add for the bonus point since I also love gravy.

  • MEXICAN BABY BACK RIBS
500 grams grilled pork ribs marinated in herbs. Sidings: buttered vegetables and native sauce.


VERDICT:
When I saw the baby back ribs, first thing I thought was that "It was huge". HAHAHAHA It was very delectable to look at. As I tried it though I was a little disappointed, the meat was a bit dry and you can just taste the flavor on the outside. In the end we weren't able to finish the whole serving.

  • PLAIN RICE
  • COCKTAIL JUICE PITCHER
A pitcher of orange juice mixed with sliced oranges and cucumber


As a whole, my Mooon Cafe experience was not that bad. I had a great talk with my friends over a Mexican cuisine. They have a nice service and approach staff. It was worth the try.

PICTORIAL @ MOOON CAFE

The whole servings on the table
Our table overlooking the nice landscape of Ayala

I'm very hungry at this point but still I manage to smile for the camera (LOL)
Mooon Cafe's Mural Painting 

Yours truly at Mooon Cafe's signage



For more information you can visit MOON CAFE website at:
http://www.moooncafe.ph/







No comments:

Post a Comment