Saturday, December 26, 2015

My journey as an ESL Teacher :)

Journal No. 4

"I am not what happened to me,
I am what I choose to become."

- Carl Gustav Jung




Why am I here?

Why did I become an ESL teacher?





Well, I think it all started with the big resposibility I'm having at that time: TO SUPPORT THE FAMILY. I need an immediate source of income to send my brother to school, to continue my father's medical expenses, to have a daily bread on the table. But now that I'm quiting as an ESL teacher I realize that it's MY CHOICE to be here and not as a force decision. I can work anywhere but still I choose to be an ESL teacher.

Many people overlook my job especially my family and relatives. I know, even without them saying to my face, they're disappointed with the career path I took for almost two years. But I've never regretted choosing this job. In fact, for the past year I've been happy and contented. I think that's the essence of having a job; to be happy working and to be passionate about it. 

For almost two years as an ESL teacher, I didn't only experience to become a teacher alone but also as a student. I learned a lot of things like values in life, respecting other cultures, better understanding with people, teaching styles and most importantly having a good relationship with others. I may not teaching in an authentic school setting, but I think want I'm experiencing here as an ESL teacher is not only making me a BETTER TEACHER but also a BETTER PERSON.

Heraclitus once said, "CHANGE is the only thing that is constant in the world." And now, I'm choosing to have that change. It may leave me heartbroken to see my students sad and my colleagues' "Please dont go" faces when I leave this school but I'm determined to have the CHANGE I long.

"The heart wants what it wants" said Selena Gomez in her song and this is what my heart wants. My profession is calling me and after a long wait Im answering to that call now.


To My Colleagues:
Thank you for the support and help. I know we are not SUPERWOMAN to know all the grammar related topics but with your help I was able to survive with it. Thanks to all of you, I'll leave work filled with the memories we shared together English lessons or not. We may part ways for now but I know will see each other in our future engagements. 

To My Students:
Thank you for the values you've shared to me. People say, "Teachers teach". NO, we also learn. You're not only learning form me but I to you. I'm greatful to meet all of you while I'm working here. You taught me things my school, my family or even friends never did. With that I will be ever indebted to you. I hope that all of you will strive to learn English more and achieve your goals in life. I also hope that while doing this, you will never forget that there's a MIFF that once become part of your student's life. 

Goodbye!


さようなら
再见
Прощай
안녕

MEMORIES THROUGH THE LENS

   

           



  


     


 


     

    

      
















No comments:

Post a Comment