Friday, September 18, 2015

PINO Restaurant


"Don't expect life to serve you what you expect. Just enjoy the buffet."

- Manoj Vaz


PINO restaurant at Wilson Street, Lahug

Pino is an adjective used to express admiration. "Pino" may refer as a pleasing personality as in "pinong ugali" (fine or refined manners); impressive craftmanship as in "pinong burda" (fine embroidery); or impeccable preference as in "pinong panlasa" (fine or delicate taste buds).

If you're looking for a fine dining experience of Filipino dishes at the city - then Pino restaurant is what you're looking for. The restaurant has a nice Hispanic ambiance that would make you feel like dining during the colonial period. From the interior design to its intricate facade and beautiful chandeliers suspended on the ceiling; all screams style and elegance. Wait till you taste the wide array of sumptuous Filipino foods and your dining will be complete.



When I first came to Pino with my family and relatives I really thought I was transported to old Philippines that I see in history books. I was thinking that it was an expensive place and fine dining table etiquette is a must. But I thought wrong, Pino's ambiance got me so bad. With the furnitures and accents plus the food I was sent to heaven and back.

Last Saturday, I went to Pino's again to dine with my colleague and our student from Japan. Since, we want to introduce to her our Filipino culture through food; Pino was a great place to have a cultural lesson. 



On the dinner table

My student brought sake in a carton for us

My first ever shot of SAKE

Pino is so popular with their buffet at 399 php per person. For us Filipino buffet means "lafang much" so took that for our student and us. When I came there we thought we wouldn't able to have a seat since a lot reserve that day, good thing we're able to fit in. (So a smart tip for diners, better call and book a table or else you may not be able to get a table when you get there.)

THE MENU:







My favorite dishes when we went there were Paella Valenciana, Callos, Abodo Rolls, Potato Kroket, Green Salad with Asian Dressing and Leche flan. 

I went back and forth the buffet table for three times and was so full when we were done. It was really a nice evening, eating with friends in a fine dining restaurant. I will give two thumbs up credits for Pino. Indeed it was a great way to enjoy Filipino inspired dishes. 


TEAM HENJEL with adopted members CHARA AND ME








For more inqueries and reservations, you can visit there website at:
http://pinorestaurant.webs.com/index.html




No comments:

Post a Comment