Wednesday, August 26, 2015

P.S. I Still Loved You



"So much of LOVE is CHANCE. There's something scary and wonderful about that."

- P.S. I Still Love You



P.S I Still Love You is the sequel of the Jenny Han's New York Times bestseller book To All the Boys I Loved Before. Lara Jean and Peter K's love story continues as Lara Jean didn't expect to really fall for Peter. She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren't. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever. When another boy from the past returns to her life, Lara Jean's feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?



I can't contain my excitement when To All the Boys I Loved Before's sequel is out. I got to wait for a whole lot 15 days just to have it on salary day. This books made me edgy at that time. The first book was and still is a heartwarming one so, I presume that the sequel will be the cherry on top and yes it is. I really love it how Lara Jean learns her lessons in life by experiencing it everyday which blooms her to maturity. She accepts the responsibility passed on by Margot which everyday she tries to get better. I can see her determination to become a reliable daughter, a good sister, an understanding friend and a loving girlfriend. She became so mature in the second book. She was able to conquer all the scandals and hardships she faced which I think a normal girl wont survived. Lara Jean thought me a lot of things about how to become a good daughter and a sister which inspires me most in the book. 

Aside from that, every character in the book changes as they yet discover something inside them. Peter K is still Peter K but her love for Lara Jean didn't once fade. In fact, it just grows more deeper than in the past. Margot ang Josh got to move on with their lives as their past relationship got tainted. Kitty got a bit mature in helping Lara jean with her problem she's still so carefree but this gives Lara Jean much more to think about her relationship with Peter K. And there was Genevieve, though she still a bitch in the second book at least we are all enlighten why she acts like a bitch to Lara Jean and she kind of open up to Lara Jean about their issue in the past. Though they cant help but not to friends anymore at least all the knots had been tangled off. 

In the second book a new character was introduce (not a really a new one but it's his first to really have a line in this book). John Ambrose McLain is one of the boys Lara Jean used to loved and received one of her love letters. Mclain's role gave a bit of balance to the story. Since Peter is kind of a bad boy type, John was the nice guy in the neighborhood. At first I thought Lara Jean would fall off again with him since he really is a prince charming type and her relationship with Peter was on a bumpy road at that time. But John was too perfect, no flaws like all are sweets but no spice. Pardon me, I'm really a Kavinsky fan from the start so, I was so devastated when they broke up. It was like my soul was suck out of my body that I don't want to continue reading anymore. But this didn't stop me, I must finish it and I have to know what will happen to Lara Jean and Peter after that. Well, it turn out great in the end. Though they face many obstacles in their relationship I'm still happy that Lara Jean and Peter  was reunited and finally had their happy ending.

These are my favorite lines in the book:

"Let's go all in. No more contract. No more safety net. You can break my heart. Do whatever you want with it."
"So I take Peter's hand; I put it on my heart. I tell him, "You have to take good care of this, because it's yours."
 "If two people are meant to be, they'll find their way to each other."
"You can't judge who you love the most by how long you love them." 
"Firsts are special."





No comments:

Post a Comment