Sunday, August 30, 2015

Dalaguete, Cebu: Osmeña Peak



"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."

-Edmund Hillary




NOTE: Sorry to tell you in advance but this trip of mine happened years ago. Even though the gap years is a bit big I still want to share my experience there while I'm still blogging. Hope you like it.


The geography:

Osmeña Peak is located in the Municipality of Dalaguete in the province of Cebu. The peak is approximately 1,000 meters above sea level making it the highest peak in the island of Cebu.

The peak is part of the Mantalungon mountain ranges, which is unique from other mountain ranges in the Philippines because of its multiple jagged hills grouped together that overlook and stretch as far as the Badian shorelines. The highest of these hills is the Osmeña Peak named in honor of the famous Osmeña clan in Cebu. 

The visual appearance of the Mantalungon range is almost similar in form to the Chocolate Hills of Bohol but the peaks of the ranges are thinner, sharper-pointed and rocky. Unlike the Chocolate Hills, the peaks of the Mantalungon ranges cluster are quite near to each other and give the impression of being formed from rocks that have survived through time.


The Travel Journey:




I can still remember like it was yesterday when we climbed the famous Osmeña Peak of Dalaguete. We went there by bus and mind you it was not really a good experience for me because all the way to Dalaguete all I do was vomit. Nevertheless, going there approximately took us about 3 - 4 hours I think because of the series of stops we made at that time. Since were staying at a friends house we stop at her place first and settle our things before going Mantalungon public market. From her place to the market we drove off by motorbike (habal-habal) which was about 45 minutes. 

Mantalungon public market was quite a nice scene to check. It's was my first time to see a market where vegetables and goods was first place before it went to retailer shops or even go to the main city. While waiting for our a.k.a tour guide, I couldn't help but check out the place and be amaze of the bulky pile of cabbage and other vegetables. 





Mantalungon public market

As our a.k.a tour guide arrived we were off to trekking. The trekking part was quite the adventurous and tiring part. Since it was my first time there I didn't expect the time and effort you need to make to go to the top. It was also the fun part because I was able to bond with my friends and mew acquaintances.


              They said "We're almost there!" an hour ago but were still trekking for another hour.


Butts UP to the TOP :P


REST STOP with Neschie taking a pose on top.


I said, "This will be my first and my last." (kapoy na jud)

It took us 2 hours of trekking before we reached the top. All the sweats were coll off by the wind, all the complains a while ago was replaced by "Ohs, Ahs and Wows" and all the pain I felt was healed by the scenery. I could really say all hardships was paid off when we reached the top. When I said, "This will be my first and my last" and "I'll never come back here"  was definitely a bluff, I'm willing to go through the same struggle again if it means seeing the peak for the second time. 




The view on top


Who run the world? GIRLS!!!
(from the left: Juliebeth, Wendy, ME and Neschie)


The trying hard to be a photographer picture. LOL!! :P


Lovers in Osmeña Peak. HAHAHAHA


New found friends at Dalaguete.
(from the left: Alfie, ME, Juliebeth, Wendy, Pintot, Fritz and Neschie)
Who took this picture gali???

Another journey of mine has come to an end but the memories I made, the new friends I met and the bond we created will surely be remembered even if ages ago had pass. I'm missing this guys here already as I'm making this post. It surely was one of the most unforgettable experience (taken from Pintot) I've ever had in my life. One day, if I ever come back there I will make another memory with them and treasured the once we had. 

Thank you for reading. ^__^









Geography info credits to ; http://www.everythingcebu.com/attractions/natural-wonders/osmena-peak/





No comments:

Post a Comment